Monday, August 29, 2011

Thanks! And: I'm Back.



My sincere thanks to res ipsa, Suzie, Skylanda, NYMary and Watertiger for their writing and the care and feeding of this blog. I enjoyed the posts and the fact that I didn't have to write them!

Also, I am back.

The funniest thing that happened to me wasn't anything on my vacation but what I came home to: The person who was paid to just mow the front lawn had decided to be kind and do a bit more.

The flower beds are beautifully edged, all my hollies got horrible crew-cuts (which is bad news if you know hollies), and then the beds were weeded.

Most of my plants have disappeared, although there are a few handsome weeds standing in lonely isolation in the middle of the dark dirt.

It's really funny! I loved it, actually, though I may get sad later when I catalog the deaths.